Monday, June 21, 2010

Catching Up!

Wow, has it really been almost a year since I last posted to this blog? Time really does fly when you are busy. I won't make excuses for not keeping up on this blog, but I must say a lot has happened in the past year. I finally made it into graduate school and after moving the family to Maryland, I have completed my first year of graduate school. It was a tough one. I am halfway through my Master's Degree and have started looking at PhD programs for the Fall of 2011.

With that being said, I had the opportunity to see a few lighthouses this month. Research for my Master's Thesis took me to New England and I found the opportunity to visit 3 "new" lighthouses (new to me) and revisit some old favorites. My three "new" lighthouses were in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, while my old favorites were in Portland, Maine. Additionally, I found time on my way home to stop by the Lighthouse Depot in Wells, Maine - undeniably the number one lighthouse store in America.

I will post pictures here in the next few days, so be on the lookout for them. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for neglecting this blog. Hopefully, my followers will find it in their hearts to forgive me, but I can only understand if they choose to go elsewhere.

Coming Soon:

Cape Elizabeth East Light
Conimicut Lighthouse
Pomham Rocks Lighthouse
Portland Head Light
Ram Island Light
Ten Pound Light

1 comment:

Lighthouse Jones said...

If you haven't already checked out the lights in the Chesapeake Bay, I highly recommend it, especially the one that takes off from the Annapolis dock out to the Thomas Point Shoal lighthouse. I went out to it just last week on the Watermark Cruises tour and you'll get some great photos of the historic 1875 screw-pile light.

You can view the pictures I took of it at www.lighthousejones.com